Frequently Asked Questions
Our basic requirements are:
- Job letter issued within the last six (6) months
- Valid Government-issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, Voter’s ID)
- Pay slips
- Monthly paid – last 2 pay slips
- Fortnightly paid – last 4 pay slips
- Weekly paid – last 6 pay slips
- Proof of address dated within the last six (6) months – Utility bill, bank statement, letter from JP, job letter or hire purchase contract or receipt.
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs
Your Loans Officer will advise you of any other documents which may be required to process your application.
We facilitate same day loan processing for existing customers who are refinancing their loans. For new customers it will take one 1-5 business days depending on the amount of your request. Once you have submitted all required documents your Loans Officer will advise you of the time period in which to expect disbursement of your loan.
Interest is calculated on the straight line method. Your Loans Officer will discuss this and other important points with as you go through the application process to ensure that you understand your loan terms and conditions.
You will need to submit a job letter and most recent pay slips as per our basic requirements. A company profile will be completed by Kris An Charles and verification of certain information done with your employer in addition to other checks. We may also visit your employer’s location. Approval takes up to ten (10) business days.
Our branches are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please note that during the period of the COVID-19 pandemic there may be changes to our business hours so please call our Contact Centre at (876) 920-4189, (876) 926-0609 or (876) 618-1252 or check our Google listings for updates on changes to our business hours for your local branch.
You may contact your Loans Officer at your Branch or our Contact Centre at (876) 920-4189, (876) 926-0609 or (876) 618-1252 for assistance with obtaining a refund.
Your balance can be obtained by calling our Contact Centre at (876) 920-4189, (876) 926-0609 or (876) 618-1252 during business hours. You may obtain written verification of your balance by requesting a statement or credit letter through your branch or our Contact Centre.
A statement costs $1,000.00 (inclusive of GCT) for same-day service and $500.00 (inclusive of GCT) for next-day service. If you would like same-day service your request should be made and the payment received by 2:00 p.m.
A credit letter costs $2,000.00 (inclusive of GCT) for same-day service and $1,000.00 (inclusive of GCT) for next-day service. If you would like same-day service your request should be made and the payment received by 2:00 p.m.
Stop orders are issued at no cost the day after your request is received. If you would like a same-day stop order, there is a charge of $1,000.00 (inclusive of GCT) and your request should be made and the payment received by 2:00 p.m.
Payment can be done by any of the following methods:
- Bank transfer from any commercial bank
- As a bill payment using NCB or Sagicor Bank internet banking
- Online through our eStore using your credit card. To make a payment now click here.
- Through any Bill Express location in Jamaica. For a list of Bill Express locations click here.
- Through Bill Express online. To make a payment now click here.
- Through any Western Union location (customers who are outside of Jamaica only) using the Quick Pay option. You will need to provide the Western Union agent with the following information:
- Code city – JKRISANCHARLES JM or JCHRISANCHARLES JM
- Your name & account number. Your account number is your Jamaican TRN.
- Using your debit or credit card at any of our twelve branches island-wide
Note that we do not accept cash at any of our offices.
You may make payments using the above methods at any time during the life of your loan, however, if your payment should be made by salary deduction and this has been discontinued for any reason please call our Contact Centre at (876) 920-4189, (876) 926-0609 or (876) 618-1252 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made to have this reinstated.